Home > Auto Accidents > . . .

Q: What should I provide the attorney who is handling my compensation claim for an auto accident?

A: Once you have retained an attorney to handle your claim for personal injury, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering or all of the above, you will need to provide documentation relating to the accident. Photographs of any property damage, medical reports confirming any diagnosis and treatments rendered, a police report, a letter from your employer noting any missed work and witness reports will all be required. From this information, your attorney will be able to gain a better understanding of your injuries and can begin to negotiate a fair settlement amount, which is a standard practice prior to filing a lawsuit.





DISCLAIMER: This website provides only general information intended to be a starting point for most legal issues. This information is not legal advice, nor is it intended to create any binding advisory relationship. Do not take action based upon this information unless you consult with an attorney or other specialist.